I've posted my 2nd week of the Stampotique Designer challenge SDC-307 to their Facebook page.... theme is still "All about Monsters"...
I've taken an inexpensive "book box" and turned it into a home for all the images I've already colored and cut out... just waiting for their projects.
Decided to take a few photos along the way to show the process...
Here's the box I got on clearance for $.80.. great deal!
I've sanded down the outside and inside to give my glue a place to hold on.
I carefully peeled the edges apart... so I could wrap some papers over the cover.
Using a score board I created the correct spacing to wrap around the box.
Here's how I decorated the paper itself (it's 140lb watercolor paper).. I used Dylusions Spray inks..
Realized I needed to add some fold lines along the spine of the paper/book.
Used both wet and dry glue to make sure these stayed in place.
I loved the way it turned out, now to just put my Monsters on it with some Heavy Gel Medium.
Decided to also make the inside pretty, fitting the paper in just so --- took patience, but I'm glad I got it right.
A little glimpse inside...
That's a wrap. I'm very happy with how this turned out and have several other boring boxes I'd like to cover very soon!
Thanks for stopping by!